Hello there! I’m Nicole, the creator of NJP Creative.
First and foremost, I am a creative designer and an artist. I also am a Creative Designer, Graphic Artist, Web Designer, and Lifestyle Photographer. I have also done Hand-Lettering work which has been sought after by my colleagues. With many interests in the creative force, I am what Marie Forleo calls a “multi-passionate entrepreneur.”
My mission is to inspire businesses to build their creative empire online, while sharing their best self to their communities. To blend who they are with what they do through solid branding and design. To make their website the “storefront of their business,” to get their potential customers wanting more. My mission is also buy the majority of my supplies for my business and in life from local businesses – supporting the local economy and all things ‘Made in USA.’
I am passionate about advising others in how to promote their business in the most effective way by blending who they are with what they do.
A few things I’m known for:
- Keene Pumpkin Festival (2013) photography. Several of my pictures from the collection have been chosen for the Best 10 Food Festivals in America and The Keene ‘Signature Photograph.’
- Being easy to work with and approachable, and always, always, always on time.
- My love for positivity, kindness, and enjoying the simple things in life.
- My eye for decorating.
A few things I am not known for:
- Public Speaking. But I always try to take opportunities to do things outside my comfort zone, like this video here! by my good friend Carley of Rock Paper Crafts.
- Sounding “Sales-y.” Though I may not be the smoothest talker, I do make up for my charming personality by being honest and true to the work; just allowing my finished work and client testimonials “sell for me.”
When I’m not busy working you can find me…
- Knitting, crocheting, and cross-stitching. I do like unwinding with Netflix while creating new yarn and needle projects, and drinking a glass of wine. Every week, I have a close group of friends who coordinate ‘craft night’ at each other’s houses.
- Reading blogs, watching DIY videos and researching with Lynda, Skillshare, and Pinterest. The world of design changes every day!
- Introverting. People are always surprised to find out I’m an introvert and completely content to hang out by myself.
If you’d like to hear more, here are six things you might not know about me:
- I’m not really a morning person, but I can rock evening hours like nobody’s business (with copious amounts of coffee).
- I was born on International Dog Day.
- My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 16:24 | Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown basically Changed My Views On Life! Based on the famous quote by Theodore Roosevelt, “Daring Greatly” is all about the power of vulnerability, views on criticism, all the while showing up and being seen. I highly recommend this book to the vast majority of people whether you own a business or not.
- I never let a day go by without my planner, sketchbook, and Macbook Pro.
- I would love to bring back the art of Hand-Lettering and all things hand-made + hand-crafted.
- I’m passionate about teaching the art of hand-lettering (and pretty much all things creative)!